We are looking for a Brand Hero to join our Operations team.
WHY CAIRN IS AWESOME
Cairn is changing the way outdoor enthusiasts discover new products and ideas that inspire them to connect and explore. Since the company’s founding in early 2014, Cairn has grown from shipping product out of the CEO’s garage to a market leader and growing community of outdoor enthusiasts numbering in the thousands. Cairn has partnered with over 200 brands in the Outdoor industry, shipped over 2 million products, and was named to Outside Magazine’s Best Places to work for 2017. In 2018, Cairn added Gear Up, Give Back™ to its offerings - a program that facilitates recycling of outdoor gear and apparel (with all net proceeds being donated to charity). More recently, the company launched the Kitted, an industry-first, try-before-you-buy retail experience for outdoor products as well as Unstacked, a unique gear auction experience. Cairn is located in beautiful Bend, Oregon.
Do you love helping other people? Are you fun, witty, and adaptable in new conversations? Does getting “dressed up” mean layering up and heading outside, no matter what the weather?
This is an excellent chance to join a young company that is pushing the creative retail envelope in the Outdoor Industry. This customer service role (a.k.a Brand Hero) is a dream job for someone with a passion for customer service, order fulfillment, operations support, and the outdoors. Creativity, a bright personality, and attention to detail are critical as you interact with our customers on a regular basis, assist in Cairn Operations where needed, and help to grow Cairn wherever help is needed.
Bend is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise and now you can work for a company that embodies the Central Oregon lifestyle. So come on, we can’t wait to see what you can accomplish with us!
This position is located in Bend, Oregon. While there may be days that it works to work virtually, it’s expected that you learn the role in-person and are available to work out of the office/warehouse as needed by the business.
- Help shape our customer service experience, ensuring that our customers are delighted by an outstanding interaction with a member of the Cairn team, responding to a wide array of topics (e.g., account management, missing boxes, questions on our service, etc.) through email and phone conversations.
- Represent our brand voice and focus on customer experience, continually looking for ways to surprise and delight our customers with the help they are seeking, presented with your own personality and style and in line with our brand
- Handle returns and complaints
- Recommend potential products and services to the team by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs
- Assist in a variety of operations support tasks, from filling gift and retail orders, to helping with special kitting operations, to tracking inventory in our Bend warehouse
- Work with all of our different business functions (e.g., brand relationships, marketing, etc.) to troubleshoot issues, improve our service, grow our brand, and tackle a never-ending list of special projects
- Run errands for the business
- Plan team events (e.g. field days out, lunches)
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent, a college degree is a plus
- Possess at least 2 years of related work experience in a similar customer service or operations position, 4-5 years of experience is a plus
- Are comfortable fielding customer phone calls and doing anything you can to be helpful, responsive, and friendly, no matter what the demeanor of the customer may be
- Can work in a variety of software programs with ease (e.g., Gmail, Excel, Word, Pages, Google Spreadsheets, etc.), and are a quick study of new software platforms (e.g., account management portals, subscription billing platforms, etc.)
- Have strong business math skills
- Possess creative and practical problem-solving skills along with a general aptitude for reaching goals and getting work done in an environment where limited standardization exists
- Have an ability to multi-task while maintaining accurate, detailed documentation
- Are passionate about the outdoors
- Need to be prepared (and excited) that this is not always a 9-5 position. Rome wasn’t built during business hours, and Cairn hasn’t been either. That said, we have an unlimited vacation policy — and expect that you get out and adventure, and test all the cool gear you are exposed to
- Have INTEGRITY - We believe all relationships are built upon trust. We do what we say we will and are proactive about fixing issues when they arise. We don’t hide from problems. We earn trust everyday by delivering what we say we will.
- Are PLAYFUL - We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Discovering new experiences and ideas should bring joy; and a bit of humor helps people feel more at ease when entering new territory.
- Are THOUGHTFUL - We value the relationships that we form and how we can grow together and learn from each other. We listen and act on what we learn. Everything we do is deliberate with the needs of our customers and partners in mind.
- Are DEDICATED - We don’t let challenges or problems get in our way. We are scrappy and will always find a way. We deliver.
- Are PIONEERING - We are trailblazers. We’re not comfortable with the status quo, and will push to be at the forefront of the outdoor industry. We work to be the ultimate insiders, so our community can be the ultimate outsiders.
- Are a TEAM - This isn’t business, it’s personal. We’ve got each other’s backs, and are committed to making sure that our partners and community feel the same. Gather ‘round the campfire, friend, we’re ALL out here together.